The various navy vessels have arrived for ASEAN International Fleet review 2017. The main beach of Pattaya bay is currently closed to vendors so no deckchairs.
- Big parade with road closures Sunday Nov 20th
- Prime Minister and VIPs arrive Monday Nov 21st
The tourism authority is saying that rooms are fully booked however reports online social media say that vacancies are still available. In fact if you try booking online you are highly likely to find a hotel room. Check out our list to see which ones are “guest friendly.”
as far as the sailors go, it seems that the navies are enforceing discipline as military personnel have not been seen in nightlife areas, instead commonly spotted buying souveirs. The commanders must be very strict.
Local rag the Pattaya Mail has this to say as well:
As of Nov. 13, 26 modern warships and 10,000 crew members and representatives from 40 countries were expected to join the historic fleet showcase in Pattaya Bay from 13 – 22 November.
on social media it is reportedly quiet in town with bars open as usual. However there have been reports of increased police checkpoint activity , especially targeting foreigners in the Central Pattaya area. Popular locations for the Chonburi police to set up checkpoints are:
- The main Soi 9 police station on Beach Road. this is so obvious that you shouldn’t drive past a police station if you are doing something illegal.
- Pattaya Klang heading towards Beach Road, after the Second Road Traffic lights
- Second road, heading north just before Central Festival Mall
- 3rd road, heading north just before Pattaya Klang
- 3rd road, heading south just after Pattaya Klang
There are also LINE groups that are active in telling you where the checkpoints are, recommend asking your Thai friends about this as it can save you trouble and heartache.